The relationships and learning experiences of the first five years of life have an enduring impact on children, families, and the community as a whole. Successfully navigating those first five years can be challenging for any family, but some families face circumstances that make it particularly difficult to raise resilient and developmentally thriving children.
Grounded in the Brazelton Touchpoints Approach, our comprehensive counseling program and support network serves families with young children, including young pregnant or parenting teens and their children. A team of skilled counselors connects individuals and/or families with a continuum of clinical and case management services that help parents care for themselves and their children, in order to reach their full potential as individuals and as a family.
Our counseling services include:
• Child play therapy and child trauma treatment
• Child developmental and social–emotional screening and assessment
• Parent-infant and parent- child relationship therapy
• Individual counseling and consultation for parents (in English, Spanish and Portuguese)
• Young Parent Support services for pregnant and parenting teens
• Family counseling to address multi-generational issues,
• Case management with referrals and linkage to community providers and concrete resources, for needs such as food, housing, furniture, clothing.
• Advocacy for clients to ensure that families receive the benefits and services they need,
• Collateral and collaborative work with other providers, including the medical, childcare, judicial and child protective services.
Early Childhood Classroom Consultation
The Family ACCESS consulting team is available to assist your child care or early education center staff. Our mental health consultants are grounded in developmental understanding as they observe and support a nurturing classroom environment, positive teacher-child interactions and address the unique social/emotional needs of individual children. The consultants model a stance of curiosity and mutuality that can influence teaching staff relationships with families and parents with their children.
Our team is able to help you decrease or eliminate challenging behaviors that may be disruptive to your classroom by designing effective plans and interventions. Our consultants will work closely with your team of parents, teachers and administrators to provide the support and structure a child with challenging behaviors needs to improve self-regulation and become an engaged member of the group.